Site Migration in wordpress
Migration is the procedure of moving a WordPress install from one server to another without affecting its functionality. To move a WordPress site, you will need to know a few things about your site and your hosting account.
- The username and password to your Bluehost account.
- A basic understanding of folder and files.
- The current location (folder and URL) of your wordpress site.
- The distention (folder and URL) of your wordpress site.
Access the File Manager
We will use file manager to transfer your wordpress fies.
- Login to your cpannel account.
- Click the hosting tab.
- Click the cpannel link under hosting.
- Scroll down the file section and click file manager.
- Next, you may be asked to select a directory to open. Select Web Root and check Show Hidden Files (dotfiles), then click Go to proceed.
Copy the Files
Now you need to copy the file from the destination directory.
- In the File Manager, navigate to the directory containing your WordPress site.
- Click the Select All icon.
- Click the Copy icon at the top of the screen.
- In the Copy popup, type the destination folderinto the box next to the home icon.
- Click the Copy File(s)
Note- There is no indication of file successful, you will need to go to the destination folder to conferm it.
Thanx for reading this article for more help about this go to WordPress Support